- sick kids-check
- sick mommy-check
- daddy goes out of town and comes back-check
- 2 fish gone to fishy heaven-check
- Kids and Mom to get better-check
Tonight I have a 6 hour wedding to shoot and tomorrow is my day of rest...after church. Haha.
Needless to say I had a couple of meals not cooked and leftovers were my friend.
This weeks meals (some from last week)
- Blue Cheese Crusted Steaks with red wine sauce
- Turkish Meatball Pitas with tabouli
- Cumin Dusted Chicken with guac sauce (courtesy of one of my fave new blogs http://desertculinary.blogspot.com/)
- Shredded Pork Tacos with a spicy slaw
- Blue Cheese Burgers with sweet potato fries
I love food and I look trying new things when I have time. I love getting the kids involved though sometimes they reallly slow down the meal. :) But I have passed on the love of food to the kids...mainly my son. Yesterday at school it was career day. He wanted to be a chef. He loves food network and watching me cook. He is curious about spices and their smells. I am so lucky to have two children who are not picky. The only thing Drew does not like is fish, and I didn't enjoy it until a couple of years ago. So there is hope. Jordan will eat anything but is not a fan a veggies though she will eat them. She loves red bell peppers though, so I can't complain.
Ok, kids are begging for lunch. I will share the career day pics in a little bit, because he was so cute and proud. :)