Thursday, April 8, 2010

Jeeps, Bandaids & Happy Places


Today was a gorgeous day here in North Texas. I was able to do something I haven't done in a while. Throw on a baseball cap, jump in the husband's jeep, and drive with the windows down (I know, that is anticlimactic and wrong. But I was home alone and couldn't take the top off myself. I take what I can get).
While I was driving, blaring the radio and enjoying the day....I was happy. I like happy. It is a nice place to be.
Later in the day, after trampoline jumping and a trip to the ice-cream parlor, the kids and I came home to the neighbors out playing. Out came the scooters and bikes. Within 5 minutes my usually tough little girl fell. She ripped a hole in her jeans and got a little road rash. Out came the bandaid and aloe. I hate to see her in pain, but I love it is that time of year for scraped knees and bandaids. The simple things...right? Knowing it was that time of year, I smiled (after a kiss and a Popsicle).
So as I sit here at almost 4am due to my usual lack of sleep, listening to my dog having puppy dreams and the ticking of the clock...I am reminded of that word. Happy.
Even when things are less than good, there is always a happy place. Something that makes you smile.
Right now....Spring and the anticipation of Summer makes me smile


being barefoot


sundresses


walking outside to see all of the neighbors out hangin'


fresh herbs


warm tomatoes from the garden


ice-cream parlor trips


kids all over the neighborhood outside playing


Popsicle smiles


my dog,Lola, taking a sun nap


photo shoots on a lovely morning


flip flops


homemade guac and salsa


grillin and chillin


cold beer


walks to the park


windows open


jeeps


my "laying out" playlist


iced coffee


a kid's baseball game and a hot dog


farmer's market


photographing weddings


yard sales


picnics


margaritas on the patio


my birthWEEK (haha)


spring recipes


bandaids and scraped knees




And that is just the tip of the iceberg. Told ya I liked being happy.
Happy Spring.
xoxo

No comments: