So here are the habits that we all now have, it doesn't take up a whole lot of time and the kids don't complain. They seem to like it consistency.
- We all wake up and make the beds right away.
- Kids read for 20-30 minutes before breakfast (my son doesn't even come out of his room until he has finished reading, this is something he wants to do).
- Everyone washes their own breakfast dishes and puts them back where they found them. This takes no time, and you don't have crusty cereal bowls (or egg plates, or bacon grease) sitting on the sink. This has also reduced our use of the dishwasher in a big way.
- Everyone uses the same glass/cup during the day. I made a little place holder for cups out of an old picture frame. This also keeps the dishwasher from being used as much.
- We all have adhered to my new cleaning schedule, and everyone looks at it daily to see what was done and what needs done. Andrew wipes down his sink before bed every night. Jordan sweeps the kitchen daily. They take turns vacuuming, dusting, etc. We work together. It rocks. Kids don't complain because they are enjoying a clean house. I am enjoying it because anyone can stop by and I won't be embarrassed of the house. :) I may be embarrassed of my appearance though. Ha.
- Shoes are placed where they belong (we are still getting used to this, maybe not a habit yet).
- We go by my menu for the week and stick to it. Saves on groceries, eating out, and prevents unhealthy choices.
I am truly proud of us. Let's hope it sticks and we continue forming positive habits for a happier life.
|Not the best pictures, but you get the idea. :)|