With the introduction of Pintrest into my life, just like all of my friends, I am now constantly putting inspirational things onto my life to-do list. A few of those things I actually put into action.
Mind you, this is not fancy. Not the most creative. Done in a bit of a rush. I am sure I could have done a ton more to these....but you get what you get. Right?
The first was a simple ornament idea that my 7 year old daughter saw. She calls it "SPARKLES!!!". You should hear her say that. SO we put together some ornaments for the girls in our lives. (look away Evea....please):
Next up was an advent calendar. We decided to have an activity advent. We numbered little envelopes and wrote activities on the card stock. We display the activity once it is done. It was easy, and most activities are easy. Although two will require quite a bit of work! One actually is going to end with about 40 kids at my house I am sure. Really really.
I have had a few people ask me what the activities are....
In no order:
- make cookies for a neighbor
- watch a Christmas movie
- write a holiday play
- stir peppermint into coffee, cocoa, or tea
- watch Jordan's holiday performance
- watch Andrew's musical performance
- do a scavenger hunt with friends in neighborhood for local food bank
- write a Christmas letter to a soldier
- decorate ornaments for friends
- go see friend's Christmas play
- go look at Christmas lights
- eat some peppermint ice cream
- go see friend perform in Annie
- spend night with besties
- Christmas Carol with friends (this is what has turned into a TON of people)
- make snowflakes
- celebrate Daddy's birthday
- bring Christmas flowers to Nana at cemetery
- make homemade hot chocolate
- decorate cookies
- write letter to Santa
- tell a stranger Merry Christmas
- watch a Christmas TV special
- Christmas Eve Surprise!